I am tired of working at a large corporation, so I'm going to quit. But first, I need to become financially independant. Follow my journey to financial freedom.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Flight Home - The Cost of Seeing My Neice

I spent $246.40 today to buy a flight back home to meet my new niece before she is 1 day old.




I wasn't going to do that. I had already bought (and budgeted) a flight for November - when my neice would be 1 month old - so that I could help my sister after all the relatives and dust have cleared. I imagined my sister being alone in the house after all the hoopla was done, and I figured that's when I would be most helpful.



But I talked with my sister on the phone yesterday, and my mom too, and an overwhelming melancholy overtook me. I miss my brothers, I miss my mom. I want to be part of the family, even after all the struggling I do to be left alone.



So I'm going.



Plus, it'll be nice to have a few days off of work ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I spent 2002 through 2003 paying off $20k in credit card. I was able to do it in 1 year. Now I want to find financial freedom by weaning off my corporate paycheck. Let's see if I can reach my goal of NO MORTGAGE NO RENT

A Year's Worth of Mortgage Payments